What is THIS all about?

Thanks for coming to my Blog! I am a Daughter of a King, Daughter, Sister, Wife, Mother of five, MomInLaw of four, and Gram of four. Designing and creating feeds something inside of me! This blog will be sharing about my faith, my family, my life, my creations and collections. I am on a journey to learn balance and will be sharing about that as well. Enjoy!

Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Graham Cracker Structure Giveaway

For those of you who guessed about 
the structure my hubby made when we made our Graham Cracker Christmas Village,
I would not have guessed what it was either
if he had not told me!


This picture shows what it would look like closed and where
no one would even guess what would be stored inside...

This picture is with the "door" or hatch open...

You must think three dimensional, and realize it is a circular staircase,
descending into a cold storage area.

It looks to me that there are six to nine shelves,
each shelf holding ..a....hmm..... a six foot circle
of "containers" of a similar type item...
possibly a liquid...
with a colored cap on it..
Maybe a Bottle???

He happened upon this picture and knew right away that for his
architectural wonder, made from only Graham Crackers, you must realize,
He would "build", if that is what you want to call it.....a

SHEFFIELD CIDER
CELLAR!

I thought that was such a clever idea, once I got over the automatic thought of
"Is that ALL you are going to make? You cheated!'
I think he would really like to build one of these! LOL!!!

He makes the most unique Graham Crackers houses I have ever seen!

This is the one from LAST year, Christmas 2012...





 It is a Rock Climber Tent hanging from the cliff,
decorated with Christmas lights....
So clever... He makes me smile and laugh every year.
Our family loves this tradition, along with the
other Christmas Traditions we participate in most years.
Decorating our home for Christmas, with the same decorations
we have had for years, adding a few more here and there,
Gifts to each other, of course, our Church Christmas Party that always
focuses on the Birth of the Savior,
(They do have a Santa Visit on another day for the young children.)
Christmas Concerts for the school Choir and Band,
 lots of singing and instrument playing during the month of December,
 adding new Christmas Ornaments for each member of the family to the tree each year,
playing games and laughing until we cry or can hardly breathe,
Watching the movie "White Christmas" as many times as we can, along with
ALL the other Christmas movies we have,
and the sentimental Hallmark Christmas Movies, we LOVE THOSE!
Christmas Caroling and Hot chocolate afterward on Christmas Eve,
 delivering treats to those who are still
willing to open their doors for our singing after all THESE YEARS!!
and we just enjoy each other's company.

Tonight, not quite midnight, all is quiet in our home.
The "invalid parents", Hubby and I,are trying to continue recovering
from illness and the two kids who have
"cabin fever" have gone to New Year's Eve parties of their own,
since we are not up to the games and crying from laughter tonight.

In the quiet, I think about the last year of our lives, and all
the many blessings we have received. The health and strength we
have been given to get through some difficult experiences,
for our Son returning safely from two years in Brazil,
getting to see Daughter*1 and her family after a year,
and for some years free from intense anxiety,
Oh, how grateful to God I am!
I know my life is good, and even without all of this,
I have the love of family and friends that grows and strengthens,
every day. Some years, Christmas has been VERY Difficult,
and I pray that I can be able to recognise "difficult" in the
lives of others, and know how I might lift a burden or
lighten a heart.

It is a wonderful life!

Thank you, friends and followers, for the "wonderful"
you have added to my life over the past year of my blogging!

I was "running" when my "First Blogiversary" happened!

Here's to an AMAZING 2014!!!

I had in mind for this to be a PS to the other post...
"PS" SHOULD mean Pretty Short.....
but you know me!!  (don't ya....)

Happy, Happy, Happy Everyday!!
Betsy

6 comments:

  1. Happy New Year!!! May 2014 open the floodgates of ever increasing lavish abundant overflowing blessings beyond measure! May 2014 be forever known as the year of Possibility!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, girl, two posts in one day? After weeks of nothing? Woohoooooo! Thats a great start to the new year. I wish you and your lovely family all the very best for 2014. I love your tradition of building cracker houses, thats such a lovely thing to do. And Kim's Sheffield Cider Cellar is just awesome. What a man! Wish him a speedy recovery from me. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy New Year! A rock climbing tent too - wow. Although, we have made snow turtles, snow Papa's complete with mustache etc... It is fun to think outside the box once in a while. Glad you are on the mend from this last 'crud' going around. Hubby got it & I disinfected everything I could. It must have worked as I didn't get it:) Wishing you a truly blessed 2014.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Betsy,
    HAPPY NEW YEAR to you and all your loved ones!
    Love and hugs
    Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was so way off! How fun. Have a wonderful New Year! We finished off the bottles of cider on Christmas Eve! I hid a few so I could have them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A lovely blog you have here. I'm especially in love with all the different graham cracker creations!
    Andrea

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming by and taking the time to comment.
Your comments warm my heart!